For seven solid decades, the fast-food franchise Hot Dog on a Stick has provided the public with delicious, high-quality treats that have only grown more popular with the passing of the years.
The vision of Dave Barham, who first founded the now-classic fast-food franchise back in 1946, Hot Dog on a Stick, has expanded from a single, Southern California location to more than eighty stores spread throughout the country and the world. It is a true shining example of American entrepreneurism.
Why Open a Hot Dog on a Stick Fast-Food Franchise?
Hot Dog on a Stick is a prime choice for those interested in opening their own fast-food franchise. First, quick service restaurants (QSRs) in general tend to grow faster than other franchises, averaging around a 4.4% growth rate.
Opening a new Hot Dog on a Stick location will also give you a chance to create jobs and help people learn and advance in their career paths even as you advance in yours. But there are even better reasons to choose Hot Dog on a Stick, things that make our fast food franchise different, including the following:
- The name recognition of Hot Dog on a Stick makes it much easier to develop a customer base after a new start-up. The public has acquired a taste for those sizzling-hot turkey dogs on a stick and a thirst for that fresh-squeezed, hand-stomped lemonade. Newer creations like Cheese on a Stick, Funnel Cake Sticks, and low-calorie turkey dogs have already gained a following.
- The beach food and fair food status of Hot Dog on a Stick, though by no means limiting possible store locations, does give you an “extra edge” when you sell to beach-goers and county fair crowds. These are the places where Hot Dog on a Stick first began, and bustling fairgrounds and sandy beaches are still this fast food franchise’s “own backyard.”
- Initial and continuing support. You will be provided with the knowledge and training you need to get started, field representatives to consult with in-person, ongoing support at your fingertips, and a chance to learn “the ropes” first-hand at an existing Hot Dog on a Stick store.
- Freedom to manage your store as you see fit, within franchise parameters, will let you make decisions on hours, holiday schedules, hiring criteria, and more. You will also have a chance to take part in charity and community involvement projects through Global Franchise Group.
- The door will be opened to future opportunities when you open a Hot Dog on a Stick fast-food franchise. First, you can easily add on other locations and manage three, four, or more once you have gained enough experience and possess the required liquidity. Second, your relationship with Global Franchise Group could lead you to open other franchises they handle, such as Great American Cookies, Pretzelmaker, or Marble Slab Creamery.
How Can I Get Started With My Hot Dog on a Stick Franchise?
Perhaps you’re very interested in finding out more about starting a Hot Dog on a Stick fast-food franchise. You want to create jobs, be an entrepreneur, get involved in the local community, and have fun at a store where employees wear “red, white, and blue, with a splash of lemonade” (aka “stripes and the hat”).
While there are several steps to take and some basic qualifications to meet before beginning your first Hot Dog on a Stick fast-food franchise, the first thing to do to take advantage of this franchising opportunity is to call us at 800-321-8400 or fill out the online contact form.